I am a big fan of Vincenzo Montella but his team selection and tactics were incomprehensible against Lazio.
He made 5 big mistakes:
1) he dropped Borja Valero, our most effective midfielder
2) he played Fernamdez not Aquilani as “mezzo punto” (behind the striker)
3) he played a diamond which allowed the wings for Candreva to attack to great effect
4) he took off his only forward Babacar when we were a goal down and did not replace him with Bernardeschi.
5) the team did not test out of form Lazio keeper Marchetti.
because of this our good run has ended and we lost 0-2.
I worry that a few more performances like this and the absence of a Gomez and Rossi up front will mean a mid-table Fiorentina.